Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vote for Me- Governor of RSN NY

With much reluctance I have been thrust into the field of potential governors of Red Sox Nation in New York. For this I humbly solicit your support. Please endorse my candidacy here. (If an email is needed please use chris wertz@hotmailDOTcom)

As Governor I will assemble a crackerjack cabinet made up from the leaders of RSN in New York. This position is bigger than one man. It’s a responsibility to be shared by the most talented ex-pats New York City has to offer. Together, we will continue to provide a safe haven for resident and visiting citizens of Red Sox Nation.

I’ve already spearheaded two successful visits by World Series Trophies (2004 and 2007) and I promise to bring the next celebration to the heart of Gotham. In addition, I will use this recognition to organize more charity events important to New Englanders. My goal is that every member of RSN Nation knows that even behind enemy lines in New York City there’s a place to go where everybody knows your name.

I pledge that the music of Jonathan Richman will ring in the streets. That Bill Lee will get sloshed at the bar (again). That Luis Tiant will smoke a cigar on a terrace. That in the land of the East River you will think of Boston first when you think of dirty water.

I pledge to get the 2008 NBA trophy to the bar. I pledge to bring candlepin bowling to NYC! I pledge to bring back Narragansett to Thom's. I pledge clams for everyone (unless you don't like clams). I pledege more Japanese film crews at the bar. In fact I will make any promise you ask if you'll endorse me.


Thank you.

Sincerely,

Chris Wertz, humble servitor

1 comment:

Jim Monaghan said...

I'm thinking one of your campaign promises should be to get Smithwick's on tap.

...If You Ain't Got That Ring.