Friday, October 03, 2008

Red Sox Playoffs

Man-nee! Man-nee! Oops, sorry. I just got finished watching last night’s Cubs/Blue-Sox game on DVR. (Who believes in curses?) As the goats of Red Sox past take a 2-0 lead on the road in the NLDS, the Sox try to do the same tonight at Thom’s.


Game 2 starts at 9:30 but I can already hear the chants: “Beat LAA! Beat LAA!” Alright, so no one can really get a handle on what the hell the Los Angeles Angels Angels of Anaheim Angels are called these days, but regardless of their name change the song remains the same. They just can’t beat the Shawmut Peninsula Boston Red Sox of Suffolk County. TBS flashed some gaudy numbers from the history of these two teams competing in the playoffs taking us from the Hendu hop through Millar onto Jacoby. All told the Sox have won 10 straight post-season games against that team with all of the names and look for their 11th tonight.

We had a huge crowd for game one Wednesday on hand to watch Lester dominate the Angels Angels of Anaheim and it promises to be even better tonight. Get there early please, because we do not take reservations.

Tonight and for the next few weeks we will be holding a charity drive to raise money for Christine, a member of Thom’s extended family who is in need of a specially designed chair. Please feel free to donate any amount at the bar or buy raffle tickets to win beer from Harpoon Brewery or T-shirts from Supahfans.

Thommies in The News

Coming October 11th to Thom’s is a book signing from Thom’s regular, ueber-blogger, and author Jere Smith who wrote “Dirty Water: A Red Sox Mystery”. Basketball season is right around the corner. If you want to hit some games in the area check out the specials FreeTicketExchange is offering.

From The Guvna’s Desk

As your newly elected Governor of RSNNY I will certainly need some support. For there is no single area which RSN covers that is so densely populated as ours. As such, it’s more than one man can handle. Therefore, please petition me for a spot in my administration. I will need all roles filled from cabinet members to ombudsmen to felonious mopers. Consider your strengths and apply accordingly. I will be appointing positions in the next few weeks.

Dedicated to LAA fans:



I'm alone
Yeah, I don't know if I can face the night
I'm in tears and the cryin' that I do is for you
I want your love -
Let's break the walls between us
Don't make it tough -
I'll put away my pride
Enough's enough
I've suffered and I've seen the light
- Stephen Victor Tallarico

No comments:

...If You Ain't Got That Ring.