Friday, October 19, 2007

Game 6

Many of you Sox fans have probably never even been to Thom's during college football. Well, let me tell you it gets packed, especially during Michigan games. And the Wolverines are playing opposite the Sox on Saturday night.

So my advice would be to get there as early as possible. When's the last time you tried our brunch?

Sunday night's game should be no problem for space. But, don't be surprised if when you get there all of the seats are taken by Pats fans that haven't left since noon.
*****
A hearty goodbye to Joe Torre; the team won't be the same without him. At his press conference today he said that he went to the meeting with an offer in hand that he didn't like, but was willing to negotiate. The Yankees weren't. They made it clear that they didn't want him back, but left it to him to say no. I predict he'll be managing the Mets in 2 years.

More Thom's Foolery

Gagne Optioned
The First Clambake
Torre Gone
Beckett on the National Anthem
Jacoby's Popularity Soaring

Tessie, you make me feel so badly.
Why don't you turn around?
Tessie, you know I love you madly.
Babe, my heart weighs about a pound.
Don't blame me if I ever doubt you,
You know I wouldn't live without you.
Tessie, you are the only, only, only.
-Will R. Anderson

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Congrats to all of my New York-based Sox Nation brethren! On to Colorado!

...If You Ain't Got That Ring.